Sunday, July 20, 2014

Qui Que's 4th birthday party

Qui Que has been talking about his birthday for the last 6 months.  I knew I couldn't just slide by with cake and ice cream for this guy.  We had to do a party for him.  We decided to do his party El Paso style and rent a brinca-brinca for him and have a piñata. We invited some friends over, grilled and let the kids run wild with squirt guns and the brinca-brinca.





 Qui Que said he wanted a shark cake.   I decided to attempt a fondant cake for the first time.  I was pretty proud of how it turned out.

 We LOVE having family close by!


 When the candy from the piñata fell all the kids scrambled to grab as much as they could.  Valentina just went and picked up one dum dum that was on the ground and ate it.


Uncle Jace and Aunt Jenne gave Jace this cool fish.  He named it Cannon for his 1st and long lost friend from Iowa City.  Later that night he changed the name to Nemo.  Sorry Cannon. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Impressive! That cake turned out awesome. I'm not surprised. Happy Birthday, Qui Que! The Weeds miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome cake! way to go! love the fish idea, how cute :)

    ReplyDelete