We had a great Mother's Day weekend. Enrique took some time off studying and on Saturday we started arranging the nursery to make room for the toddler bed. It is still under construction so no pictures for that one yet.
Sunday, Enrique made dinner. He did a great job. He grilled some yummy Kabobs and we enjoyed dinner outside on our new picnic table.
 |
| Qui Que gave his Abuelita a kiss during our Skype call on Mother's Day. |
 |
| Me and Qui Que hanging out while Enrique grills up the goods. Note the red door- I painted it this weekend to match our front door which I painted last week. I am loving the color! Also note- that burlap in down in the background because I am trying to grow grass in our backyard. There will be more pictures when it is all done. |
 |
| 5 Weeks to go! Notice Qui Que in the back playing in his sandbox I made for him. |
 |
| Qui Que in his sandbox. I think his favorite thing about the sandbox is throwing the sand out of the sandbox. Cool. |
 |
| Ok, I need to explain. When we moved in our backyard/ hallway was nothing but weeds. We never went back there because it was just gross and there was nothing back there. This last month I sectioned off an area and put pea gravel down, built the picnic table (Lowe's kit) with the assistance of my handy friend Lindsey, built the sandbox, put down pavers, transplanted tons of hostas (the plant of Iowa), planted grass, weeded a lot, mulched, and planted flowers. I will post a picture when my other section of grass has come in and there is no more burlap. |
 |
| Enjoying our Mother's Day dinner. Thanks Enrique, you did a great job! |
Angela, you are amazing. Is there anything you don't do?! The backyard looks awesome.
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome project! you look great...I can't believe only 5 weeks. Hang in there, if you're like me, those are the toughest weeks. I'm excited for you guys. Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteWow! How do you find the energy? You look amazing btw! So excited for your growing family... you might want to relax for these last few weeks - Heavens knows you won't be getting rest pretty soon! :) Nah, you'll be awesome with two and make it look super easy so the rest of us moms feel like underachievers. Miss you, Ange! Take care, and Happy Mom's day!!!
ReplyDeleteLinds, I miss you! I need to call you and catch up. Have you guys moved yet?
Delete