Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What an eventful first couple of weeks! Enrique was born Wednesday morning and we were sent home from the hospital Friday afternoon. Sunday, I got starting getting really sick. I got the chills and a really high fever. Enrique took me back to the hospital and they re admitted me. We thought we would only be there over night but I ended up staying an entire week! They found bacteria in my blood, urine, kidney and they think uterus. They had me hooked up to an IV at all times to pump me full antibiotics. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. I continued to get really high fevers and chills which really really sucked. So they decided that I probably had something else. They then decided I had a blood clot in my ovarian vein. So I am on a blood thinner. Enrique has to give me a shot every night. I hate it. I think about it all day long and dread it.

Anyway, I am feeling a ton better and glad to be home with my baby!


My mom giving Enriquito a bath. She was a ton of help. We are so glad she was here to help us!

I love this picture!
One of the best pizza places in town. This was Grammy's last night with us.
Enrique thinks Enriquito likes to sit like this. I am not so sure...
Goodbye Grammy! We will miss you!

12 comments:

  1. that is one cute baby. seriously, i'm not just saying this-i love him already. he's so CUTE! i'm definitely going to have to visit sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela! I'm so sorry you got sick. And I would dread a shot everyday too. Me and Treagan want to come see you ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! what an experience! Thank goodness for modern medicine though! He's so handsome! Glad your mom could be there to help, I'm sure it was hard to have her go. How is it being on your own now? I hope people out there are taking care and bringin you dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you got sick. I hope you start feeling better soon. Your baby is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ang, I'm so sorry! Like you hadn't been through enough already huh? Glad you are doing better. Enriquito is SO handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yuck! I'm so sorry Angela. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Enriquito is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. We are so happy for you. Can't wait to see Enriquito.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, Angela, How awful! I'm so sorry you got sick like that. A week is a long time! Glad you are better now though. That's so nice your mom was there. Your baby is sooo cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh he's so cute. I can't wait to see him in real life. I"m so glad you are feeling better. That's so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im so sorry you got sick. Thats the last thin you needed after having a baby. Im glad you all home and well now. We can't wait to get home and see everyone! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling better and are finally home. Ze baby is so cute.

    ReplyDelete